What is Facepainting:
Facepainting is the action of applying a temporary paint-makeup onto the head, but mainly the face. The makeup-paint can be very temporary by using water based makeups-paints, which wear off from factors like friction, water abuse and excessive sweating, or the makeups-paints can last for days on the skin, but remove entirely and immediately with lathered soap, by using the durable makeups-paints.
Is facepainting safe? What are the risks?
Only top quality, brand name water-based face paints, and alcohol based paints are used, that are applied with professional quality brushes and sponges, which are all soaked in 99.9% rubbing alcohol.
Everyone is asked about having allergies and skin sensitivities, and from my experience over two decades is that most people know if they allergies or not and to what, but there some that don’t know, enough to warrant being asked and a patch test.
Getting your face painted is very relaxing process that feels pleasant when having it done by my associates and I, and it will give you a lot of joy when you marvel at how good and different you look when you look in the mirror. People around you will treat you like a bit of a rockstar, which is always a cool experience. Having your face painted is a good way for strangers to interact with you, and solves the issues of shyness, and having nothing to do.
Don’t have a costume idea for Halloween or Purim yet!? Get painted tattoo like the Mike Tyson tattoo, or Two-Face from Batman, or like a zombie!
Going to a masquerade party? Get one painted on and stand out!
Facepainting is an exceptional marketing, promotional and entertainment solution for your brand. People love watching face painting done which makes it appropriate or parties, and multitudes of people will see the painted face afterwards, thus reinforcing the brand awareness.
People have seen the same old medias over and over ad nauseum, whereas a facepainted person is still fresh and intriguing. Facepainted art naturally elicits a lot of attention in stark contrast to clothing and costumes, which has been done since time immemorial. Nobody will take a selfie with a billboard or a magazine ad or a flyer, but everyone will get their selfie with an awesomely rendered facepainted person, and lets not forget to mention if the bodypainted brand ambassador is also a performer, actor, or dancer, that adds a whole new level of amazing.
Bodypainting of any kind of theme, for any kind of event and situation.
- Custom stencils – Logos and phrasing can and often times, should be cut into stencils so that they can be rendered accurately and cleanly as well as exactly if they are being repreoduced on more than one person.
- Casting: models, actors, clowns, dances and kinds of performers.
- Providing additional artists.
- Sourcing top tier photographers and videographers.
- Concept art and storyboarding.
Terms & Condition, Details & Caveats
My hourly rate is CAD$150 per hour, with exceptions.
- Registered charities receive a huge 50% discount and only pay $75 per hour.
- I require 50% deposit to book / confirm a date and time, without exception. Fixed date deposits are non refundable because I will lose work denying that time to other potential business and I buy supplies for your project with that money.
- The difference of payment will be paid no later than 7 days after the event.
- I require a minimum of 72 hours cancellation notice.
- I do not have a work studio at this time. My service is only mobile-centric, meaning I come to you.
- All of my makeups are expensive, hypo-allergenic and brand name.
- All of my equipment is regularly soaked in 99% rubbing alcohol.
- I offer: traditional brush and sponge and or airbrush bodypainting, traditional brush and sponge and or airbrush facepainting, FX makeup, airbrush tattooing and alternative fashion makeup entertainment services.
- Any workspace provided by the client must be well lit, have electrical outlets, ventilated and safe.
- Custom stencils can be made to order. Each stencil is $50 minimum per stencil.
- Additional artists can be sourced.
- We stock 2 types of bodypainting makeups: alcohol based ones which are sweat proof, friction proof and waterproof, and water based ones which will remove with water, heavy sweating and heavy friction.
- A travel fee of $50 per hour of travel to the locatio nand return will be applied for any events located outside the City of Toronto.
- If you require painting over garments, props and items to blend with the bodypainting then it it is important for you to be aware that to do that, that requires a completely different type of paint, airbrush, brushes, drying time and there is an additional charge for this.