Facepainting for all types and sizes of events, parties, functions and promotions.
- Custom stencils can be made to order for logos, words and phrases, geometric shapes and complex designs, however there is not much room for placement and size.
- Facepainting can be done on your staff before the event and on the guests during the event.
- Additional artists can be sourced.
- Models, performers, dancers and other talents can be sourced.
- Two types of facepainting makeups are available: 1/ alcohol based makeup/paint, which is sweat proof, friction proof and waterproof, and 2/ water based makeup/paint, which will remove with water, heavy sweating and heavy friction.
- All of the products used are professional quality cosmetic grade brand names with long established reputations for quality and safety.
- All airbrushes, brushes and sponges are soaked in 99% Isopropyl alcohol
- All equipment and peripheral items used are washed in 99% Isopropyl alcohol.
- Joshua is located in downtown Toronto and therefore for any and all events located outside the City of Toronto, will incur a travelling fee.
- If you require painting over any kind of garments, props and other kinds of items to blend with the facepainting, there is an an extra materials fee incurred, as materials soak up an exhorbantly expensive amont of makeups and if acrylic is to be brought, it must be specified ahead of time as it is NOT an item stocked in a makeup kit, understandibly.
2018 Facepainting Rates
- The 2018 rate is $150 per hour, with a two hour minimum, so $300 is the starting rate, however this amount fluctuates depending on specific circumstances such as if stencils are required, assistants, special makeups and so on.
- Each additional facepainting artist is $150 per hour.
- A non refundable 50% deposit is required to reserve the date and the time, which can be paid online via Paypal, Interac or in person.
- The difference in payment is due no later than 7 days after the painting was completed, otherwise a 10% interest rate will be applied bi-weekly and after four weeks or 30 days of non payment, a report to credit aegncies will be filed.
- We require 72 hours cancellation notice, otherwise payment in full is due.
All custom stencils are $50 per stencil. Duplicate stencils are $25 each after the first one has been made.
- Any job booked with 72 hours of an event is considered a RUSH job and the PANIC pricing is $500 for no more than four hours of labor, and $1000, from 4 hours to 8 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: “What can be painted in just one hour?”
A: It all depends on what the painting is to be used for in order to properly answer that question, for example, a kids party requires less details and precision painting and more speed painting than in contract to High Definition makeup for TV and movies.
For Halloween, it takes one artist that is working alone approximately five to properly base coat someone’s face, approximately thirty minutes or more to do a basic zombie, and rendering exact geometric designs and copying images takes up to an hour per person, easily. This of course does not include beauty makeup / glamour makeup which is NOT included in the pricing.
Q: How long does it take to paint a really good zombie?
A: Really convincing zombies, without SPFX latex prosthetics take approximately one hour to three hours to complete.
Q: What kind of ideas are there for paintings?
A: Animal themes, UV blackight themes, abstract colors and design themes, water themes, horror themes, and zombies are just a few ideas.